RIT is a collaborative EU funded project with the objective to create sustainable growth in the region of Norrbotten and enhancing its role as Sweden’s leading space region. This will happen by activities that increase the space sectors’ capacity within research and innovation collaboration between the academic sector, the business sector and actors within the innovation support system.
The RIT project started on September 1st 2015 and will last for three years. During this time the project will work on building up a productive and attractive innovation environment that attracts skills, investors and companies to the region.
The project has three intermediate goals connected to three respective work packages.
- Work package 1: to establish a Centre of Excellence in Space Technology at LTU Space Campus in Kiruna.
- Work package 2: to carry out innovation projects for the space industry and the academic sector.
- Work package 3: to initiate an innovation support system relating to the space industry, in order to utilise new knowledge, such as technological developments from work package 2.
In the long term, the project is expected to contribute to the space industry gaining greater importance in the regional economy as well as to new innovations and increased growth.
Primary target groups
- The space companies that participate in the project with PhD innovation students
- Other existing space operators or other industries with an interest of working with us
- Regional SMEs that do not currently supply the space industry but which could and would like to do so.
If you belong to one of these groups, please contact someone in the project team so that we can take part of your ideas and figure out our common denominators.