RIT 2021 is a collaborative EU funded project with the objective to create sustainable growth in the region of Norrbotten and enhancing its role as Sweden’s leading space region. The partners belong to the academic sector, the business sector and actors within the innovation support system.
We work to become a strategic asset for the global space arena by building up an outstanding Eco System which attracts people, new establishments and investors.
This will happen by activities that increase the space sectors’ capacity within collaboration, research, test driven development and clustering.
RIT 2021 started on September 1st 2018 and will last for three years. The project will manage the results that the previous RIT project delivered and thus ensures that the initiated work is anchored in a good way.
The project has four intermediate goals connected to four respective work packages:
- Carry our innovations projects for the space industry and the academic sector
- Build up a test bed for aerospace components going to space
- Build up an outstanding Eco System for the space business
- Establish a regional cluster for Aerospace
In the long term, the project is expected to contribute to the space industry gaining greater importance in the regional economy as well as to new innovations and increased growth.
Primary target groups
- Established space companies
- Regional SMEs that are not in the space business but wish to be so
- Researchers within academia
If you belong to one of these groups and are interested in working with us, please contact someone in the project team so that we can take part of your ideas and figure out our common denominators.
The Graduate School of Space Technology