By running joint projects, the space industry increase their expertise with research and innovation collaboration.
Initially eight R&D projects, related to the development needs of the space industry, have been implemented and will contribute to a general increase in expertise. New projects will also be continuously created throughout the project.
At the end of the project at least eight new products or services have been identified for further development towards commercialisation.
- Facilitation of Innovation within Space Manufacturing – Additive manufacturing in space applications
- Facilitation of Innovation within Space Manufacturing – Radical innovation within space applications – with additive manufacturing as an example
- SMARTi: Links between additive metal deposition process and the mechanical properties of Ti-6Al-4V (Project 3)
- Software-defined radio for ground-based satellite Communication
- Autonomous Navigation System for High Altitude Balloons
- MicroPILS – Micro Propulsion In the Loop Simulations
- Formation flying in space – on-board systems to calculate trajectories e.t.c.
Graduate School of Space Technology
Mobile: +46 0290434
Luleå University of Technology
971 87 Luleå, Sweden